Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 celebrated in style!!

Hi There!!

The theme & journalling requirement at Once Upon A Sketch is New Years Eve. I have a heap of holiday photos that I want to scrap so this was a great chance to get started! This is the sketch
And my take on the sketch- I flipped the sketch so I could use a landscape size photo
For me a New Years Eve page has to be bright & loud. Pink Paisle Soiree was the perfect collection for this! I have used a big mash up of colours & patterns which is a bit different from my usual style but I really wanted to create a fun page!

 I used a butterfly from Spotlight, a Prima powder puff in white which I smudged some hot pink paint on. The other flowers are Prima & Kaisercraft
The Prima glitter stars was a great match as an embellishment.
Using a mix of alphas in colour & style & size gives the page a bit of a funky feel

I used some journal spots from the Crate Paper Emmas Shoppe collection

Thanks for looking!
Cheers


13 comments:

  1. Love this page Shell!! It's just so colourful & fun... it made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply gorgeous page, love the colours so bright and looks like you had a fab time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW so very gorgeous Shell and so much to see on your design !!

    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun layout!!! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, this is such a beautiful layout, Shell!
    Thank you for participating!
    ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful page!
    Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shell! How are you??? I hope you had the greatest time during the holidays!!! I am back from vacation! Your page for OUAS is SO fun and cheerful! I LOVE it!!!And what a sweet photo!!!
    A big hug and kisses from me!!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bright and fun...love it
    Thanks so much for playing with Once Upon A....Sketch
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun picture of cute kids and also a fun layout with a very nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, it looks fabulous!!! and it contains my fav ever thickers. just fab

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet, fun, and colorful lo! Love it! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, love the colors and embellies on this fun page! What a great job with the sketch!!! Thank you so much for taking part in our challengea at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for ur comment! U just made me smile XX