This was a tutorial I created for the My Creative Scrapbook blog.
Today I have an easy step by step for the cute little gift box I made with the April Album kit. This gift box is perfect for gift cards. jewellery or chocolates!
You will need
X2 sheets paper (pattern or cardstock)
trim from Album kit
paper flowers from Album kit
Button from Album kit
paper doily from Album kit
Memories die cut Accessories sheet from Album kit (small doily)
1. Cut 12X12" sheet of paper in half so you have X2 pieces measuring 6X12"
2. Cut 1 piece in half again so that you now have 2 6X6" pieces
3. Score 1 inch around all edges on both pieces
4. Where the score marks form a small square cut to the 1 inch score mark. This will create litle tabs.
5. Fold Tabs upwards along all scored lines
6. Stick down all tabs
7. Repeat this with the second piece
8. slide 1 box into the other
To decorate the box:
1. Stick the paper doily on top
2. Cut a 6X4" piece of cardstcok or pattern paper. Score 1" in at both ends. Punch a border along both sides
3. Stick the border strip in the centre
4. Stick the piece of trim cut to 6" along the centre of the border strip
5. Use foam tape to stick the small paper doily from the Memories Die cut Acessories sheet in the centre
6. Use 4 layers of paper petals & stick together with foam tape. Stick flower in centre of doily
7. Stick a decorative button in the centre of the flower