Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Once Upon A Sketch & Prima November BAP

Hi There!

This is my entry for the new sketch at Once Upon A Sketch. The journalling criteria was to write focus on yourself any woman & journal what the best part of being a woman is. I used a photo of my 2 girls & journalled 'The best thing about being a girl is raising girls. I am so happy to have 2 beautiful daughters to share that special bond that only a mother & daughter know"
I felt a little guilty journalling this as I had left out my little man Hunter! I do love u too Buddy!!

I recently read an article of an increase in SMOGS (Smug Mothers Of Girls!) Apparently more & more people have gender envy & crave to have a girl. As a Mum to a boy & 2 girls I think I am lucky to enjoy the best of both sexes. But really I think I am lucky to have 3 HEALTHY kids.

But back to my journalling. I was really thinking about the lovely relationship I shared with my Mum growing up (&still do) & I can't wait to continue the journey with my own girls!

This is the sketch designed by Nadia Cannizzo

And this is my entry
The background paper is Teresa Collins & the beautiful striped paper is MME Lost & Found. The flowers are a mix of Prima, Kaisercraft & Bo Bunny. The frame is by Glitz.
For the chipboard alphas I painted them white & stamped using a script stamp in Staz On Timber Brown. I then applied some Tim Holtz crackle accent in Rock Candy to give that vintage worn look.

I handmade this pin using some beads & svwaroski crystals
A close up of my journalling.

I have also had a go at the Prima BAP for the first time. This was the sketch
Prima_sketch2011_g
And this was my entry
I have used the Prima Pixi Glen collection. I used a technique that Ingvild Bolme recently shared in her class. I white washed the background then sprayed a small amount of mist & used a baby wipe to blend it in. This gives a soft layer of colour in the background.
A close up of the delicious resins that I am so in LUV with!
I fussy cut this border from the Pixi Glen collection & blotted some roses with a baby wipe which had som emist on it for just a hint of colour.

This is a little sneak of my challenge from last week over at Scrapz.Biz.
My new challenge will be up on Thursday. If you love sketches then come check it out.!!

Thanks for looking!
Cheers

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful dreamy colors and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful work, and your page for OUAS is gorgeous, love the colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!! so yummy and delicious .. loving all your attention to detail and such soft gorgeous colours ..... fabulous artwork ... full of magic, love it, sigh .. hugz x
    thanks for playing with OUAS x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow and wow, breathtaking! LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along with us at Once Upon A Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. So perfect for a girlie page. Off to check out the sneak peak - it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a beautiful mix!And your journaling so true! I love both of your layouts! Good luck!!!
    Hugssss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both your pages . So beautiful and so much detail.
    I think my fave is the first one. Absolutely love what you did with the sketch.I too took Ingvilds class...-Amazing wasn't it?
    Thanks so much for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh these are gorgeous layouts.. really lovely photos too!! well done on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pages. I love your use of the papers and the flowers. Stunning. Gorgeous photos and fabulous details. I totally agree about the girl thing. I have 3 boys and then had a little girl. As much as I love my boys, I just could not imagine my life without my girl. Thanks for joining us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Shell. Both of these are just fantastic. LOVE your use of flowers and the way you have followed the sketches. THANK YOU so very much for your ongoing support of our blog. Take care, Nadia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Shell just love your entry for Once Upon a Sketch! WOW!! Thanks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a gorgeous page.
    Thanks for playing along at Once Upon A Sketch.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layouts are just fabulous! All the details are amazing and the way your work the colour combinations is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for ur comment! U just made me smile XX